To set up VPN for the first time
- Open System Preferences on your Mac
- Go to the Network panel
- Press the "+" button
- Set Interface to VPN
Set VPN Type to L2TP over IPSec
- The Service Name can be anything, but should indicate what/where the service is - this is the name you will see in the list of network interfaces. Click Create when finished editing.
- Enter the server address and account name provided to you
- Click Authentication Settings
- Enter the Password and the Shared Secret provided to you
- Click the checkbox to Show VPN status in menu bar and then click Apply.
- Click Connect to connect to VPN, or click the menu bar symbol when outside System Preferences